How you can help
The federal and state grants we receive are not enough to meet our expenses and allow us to offer the quality of assistance that our clients deserve.
We would also like to provide driving lessons and other services. Thus, we always welcome cash donations for the Carolina Refugee Resettlement Agency. As a 501(c)(3) organization all donations are considered charitable deductions for income tax purposes.
For your convenience a donation can be made to us online via the
PayPal link to your left. Alternately a check can be sent to our
office in Charlotte. Please make checks payable to Carolina
Refugee Resettlement Agency, sent to:
5007 Monroe Road
Charlotte, NC 28205
Other methods of providing assistance are noted below.
Furniture and housewares donations
Do you have these items, new or gently used?
- Twin and full beds and mattresses (no queen, king size)
- Bed and bath linens
- Dressers and chests of drawers
- Sofas and chairs, TVs
- Coffee tables, end tables and lamps
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Kitchen items
- Baby gear, including high chairs, cribs, strollers, playpens and car and booster seats
Due to limited facilities, please no clothing items except winter coats and jackets of all sizes, hats, gloves and scarves
Call our office at 704-535-8803 to schedule a furniture pick-up. Please provide at least two weeks notice.
- Drive refugees to social services, health department, medical and job appointments
- Help set up apartments for new arrivals
- Shop for essentials (housekeeping products) for new arrivals
- Pick up furniture donations
- Teach clients to ride the bus
- Enroll refugee children in school
- Assist the agency director with record-keeping
- Tutor adults with low literacy skills or computer skills
- Collect paper goods and personal items for families
- Coach clients studying for the citizenship test
Carolina Refugee Resettlement Agency requires a background check (driving and criminal records) on all volunteer applicants, as well as a short orientation/training session.